2017 - 2018 UCCL Prayer Chaplains
Helen, Bill, Mesha,
Lisa, Sally, Laila
A Prayer Chaplain is always available to
pray with you after each Sunday Service
*Scroll to the bottom of this page for upcoming
Prayer Chaplain Training dates
In an effort to answer any questions or concerns that you may have regarding The Prayer Chaplain Ministry we have provided answers to the following frequently asked questions:
- Prayer Chaplains are here to hold Sacred Space, to listen to you, to pray with and for you for your highest good. Everything you share with us is in strict confidence.
- At least two of the Prayers Chaplains are available after every Sunday morning service, for those who would like one-on-one prayer.
- Prayer Chaplains also make monthly "Wellness Calls" to active members of Unity Church for Creative Living (UCCL) to offer their support in prayer.
- When requested they will visit members when they are homebound, in the hospital or other facility and unable to come to Sunday service.
- If you'd like to reach one of the Prayer Chaplains, please phone 904-287-1505 . A Prayer Chaplain will get back to you as soon as possible. You do not have to be a member of UCCL to call for prayer
- If you need immediate prayer please call Silent Unity at 1-800-669-7729.
Prayer Chaplains are not ordained or accredited by any national organization. They have not been trained to counsel, fix or advise anyone. They are not trained to go out and "minister" to the larger community. They are volunteers who give of their time to serve as a lay resource within their church community.
- When your prayer chaplain prays with you they release the prayer to God.
- Part of the strict confidentiality in which we hold your prayers is that we will not be the one to revisit the issue with you as it is in God’s hands.
- You are always welcome to talk to your Prayer Chaplain regarding issues previously held in prayer
- If you would prefer not to be contacted monthly by a Prayer Chaplain please call the prayer Chaplain Line 904-287-1505 and let us know. We suggest that you experience this gift before making that decision. You can request to be added back into the program at any time.
- Your Prayer Chaplain was randomly assigned according to the alphabet, with each Prayer Chaplain receiving approximately the same number of members to contact.
- Each of the Prayer Chaplains sets his or her own calling schedule. Times may vary month to month. It is our intention to make some contact (by phone, by leaving a message, or by sending a postcard) with every active member at least once every month.
- Please do not call your Chaplain at home or work. Call the church office at 904-287-1505 in order to get in touch with a Prayer Chaplain so that we can be of best service to you. Our Prayer Chaplains are volunteers in service to our church community. Their private home or cell numbers are not the appropriate way to get in touch with your Prayer Chaplain.
- We are not here to judge you, to advise or counsel you, or to solve your problems with or for you. We are here to share in the blessings and challenges of your life, in compassion and in joy. Praying with a Prayer Chaplain can help to deepen your prayer life, help you tap into the resources within you, and connect with God in a real and practical way.
- There is nothing too small nor too large to share with your Prayer Chaplain for a quiet moment of blessing or peace in Spirit. Remember that our Prayer Chaplains are not a problem-solving agency or a chat service, but we are genuinely interested in hearing about what's going on in your life and how your personal spiritual adventures are evolving. All prayers are held in strict confidence.
In order to become a Prayer Chaplain, you must:
- Be an active member of Unity Church for Creative
- Complete a Prayer Workshop
- Be accepted as a candidate to complete the Annual Prayer Chaplaincy training
- Complete all requirements of the Prayer Chaplaincy Training program
- Agree to serve for a year